The staff at the Academy are incredibly proud of all the students who worked hard and deserve these fabulous results.
The results summary is as follows:
"GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis offers massive congratulations to our IBDP students, who received their results this year. The upheaval and change that this cohort have endured is unprecedented in the 50-plus years since the launch of this qualification. That they have weathered this and emerged with such a fine set of grades is testament to them, their teachers and their parents. We are extremely proud of all of them, and know they have great futures ahead of them from their time with us."
- Sarah O'Regan, Principal/CEO, GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis
Pass rate 34.3 point average and 21% of students achieved 40 points or more
31% of results were A* - A
63% of results were
A* - B
Pass rate 50% of students received 3XD*
77% of students secured at least 1XD*
2022 was an exceptional year for WSO Y13 students. As you can see, our extraordinary pass rates, in the first year of full exams since the Covid-19 pandemic started to ease, are something we are incredibly proud of. All pathways secured record results and we are excited to build on these in 2023. Our teachers’ hundreds of years of accumulative experiences across IBDP, A-level, and BTEC ensure that all students, across all pathways, are offered equal opportunity to succeed. These results helped us send students to all four corners of the globe to study medicine, law, engineering, physics, maths, journalism, design and so much more.
-Mr Matthew James, Head of Post 16, GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon OASIS
Universities across the world
WSO students have been accepted into some of the world's top universities including:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- Kings College London
- University of Manchester
- Loughborough University
- Edinburgh University
- University of California Berkley
- Yale University
- New York University
- University of Toronto
- University of Groningen
- University of Amsterdam
- Lancaster University
Able to connect through the GEMS Alumni App, all WSO students are able to tap into the experiences of WSO Graduates across the world.
Everybody at WSO is so incredibly proud of this group of students, who have succeeded so well irrespective of the challenges that we all know they have had to face. This set of results are a testament to their hard work and focus, the loving support of their families, and the diligent guidance of their teachers and all staff here at WSO.
It’s always a special and uplifting day, to see students receive the key to the next phase of the educational journey, and we are most proud of the fact that almost all of these students are choosing to continue this journey with us. Whether taking A Levels, IBDP, BTECS or one of our bespoke programs, there is a path for every one of them here, and we are excited to help them continue to write their own stories and realise their ambitions.
- 48.4% of students achieved top grades of 9-7 (A*-A) and 116 out of 171 students scored at least one 8,9 or A* grade
- 92% of entries resulted in grades 9-4 (A*-C)
- 57% of all the grades achieved were higher than an A or higher than a 7, and 118 of our 167 students scored at least one 8, 9 or A* grade.
- 71% of students achieved at least one grade 8, 9 or A*
- 71% of English grades, 80% of Maths grades and 83% of Science grades exceeded the individual targets for each student.
- We had 100% pass rate at Level 2 BTEC, with 33% of students achieving a distinction.
This set of GCSE results comes at a momentous time in our WSO journey with the celebration of our 10 year anniversary. All of our GCSE and BTEC students should be exceptionally proud of not only their GCSE results, but also of all their achievements here at WSO. We wish all graduating students the very best of luck in Post 16.
- 55% of all grades awarded were 9-7 (A*-A) with 89% of all grades awarded were Grade 5 (A*-B) or above.
- A staggering 45% of students achieved 5 or more GCSEs at Grades 9-7 (A*-A) and 93% of them achieved 5 or more GCSE at grades 9-4 (including English and Mathematics).
There are too many record breaking results to mention, however, notable highlights include:
- 100% of all entries for Triple Science were graded 7 or above
- 100% of Dance grades were graded 7 or above
- 90% of all students met or exceeded their personal targets in English, Maths or Science
- 51% of all results within English and Mathematics were at grades 9-7
- 100% of students achieved a 6 (B) or above in World Literature and Music